Wednesday, February 6, 2013

27 Weeks :)

 How far along? 27 Weeks 3 days

Total weight gain/loss: 21+ lbs
Maternity clothes? Wearing lots of hand me downs that have been too big up until now :)
Stretch marks? around my belly 
Sleep: Pretty hit or miss these days. Some nights my hips throb all night, other nights I sleep well.
Best moment this week: Seeing her sweet little face in 3D!!
Miss Anything? Being able to sleep on my belly and eat a turkey sandwich from Subway!!
Movement: K is a mover and groover!! 
Food cravings: Lucky Charms and Chocolate Fudge Brownie ice cream
Anything making you queasy or sick: No sickness anymore :)
Symptoms: Heartburn, achey hips, exhaustion
Gender: Still a Girl
Labor Signs: None :)
Belly Button in or out? In for now
Wedding rings on or off? Getting snug, trying to switch over to my fake ring but it's still too big.
Happy or Moody most of the time: Pretty moody these days :-/
Looking forward to: Seing our sweet girl again in 3 more weeks!

I had my 27 week checkup and my glucose tolerance test this week! Everything checked out well. My belly (by fundal height) was measuring 4 weeks ahead at 31 centimeters or 31 weeks. I immediately assumed the worst and thought it was either because I have gestational diabetes or polyhydramnios. Both of which could be pretty serious. My doctor didn't seem too concerned at the time and said to come back in 3 weeks when I'll be 30 weeks and we will check K's measurements by ultrasound. So we left and I immediately started googling why my fundal height would be so far off...of course I started getting freaked out. Josh offered to take me to get an elective 3D ultrasound the next day for Valentine's Day, but it was really so she could check measurements and AFI and put my mind at ease because he knew how stressed out I was about it. So I called Brenda Shafer and she said she would absolutely get us in the next day and check our sweetie out. The next morning my OB/GYN office called and said I passed my GTT but I am anemic. Easy fix, just add an iron supplement. So that was great news and I could check one thing off the list! We went and took a few pictures with Drew Lacy, Josh's awesome cousin :) Here's one below. 

 After pictures we went and did a quick walk through of the house, which will be done and closed on in 10 days!!!!!!! Then we drove to Sallisaw to see our sweet girl :)

 So our ultrasound started out like this ^ Tiny girl has her head down, butt in my left upper abdomen just under my ribs, legs and feet going across to my right upper abdomen under my ribs. But, she likes to get all balled up with her feet in her face a lot. THAT, my friends, explains why my fundal height was so off. She gets balled up and pushes her butt up against my belly causing it to push out more than normal. 

 We got a few good shots of her cutie face :) She's precious. Has my nose, for sure!

 Her legs are measuring 2 weeks ahead! Girl is going to be tall!!
She is only measuring about 8 days ahead of her due date, as opposed to my belly measuring 4 weeks ahead! She is weighing about 3lbs 1oz already!! She'll be a healthy size lady when she's born! AFI was completely normal, so no ploy. She said my fluid levels were good, but not in excess. All her organs are still perfect. :)

One last photo showing that sweet tiny nose :) It looks just like mine! 
We are so smitten with this tiny girl and all her little features! 

I'll go back and see my doctor in 3 weeks for an ultrasound and to start my biweekly appointments. My prediction is they will move my due date up a week, which is fine by me ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment