Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A letter to our daughter :)

Kendall,
     
       Your daddy and I got to see you a couple weeks ago. Like most ultrasounds so far, you were dancing around in there! We got to share that moment with your Nena and Pop & your Nana Papa. Daddy and I were pretty impatient as the tech measured your little head, belly, and femur. She looked at all your little organs and even showed us your 4 chambers in your heart :) You looked perfect in there!!

       Then she asked for our guesses of gender. Pop and I said BOY! Daddy, Nana and Papa all said GIRL! Nena said she wasn't sure ;) The tech looked around at a few different angles for any boy parts sticking out. She couldn't find any so she started looking closer in between your legs. When I told her I thought I saw a "hamburger" she zoomed in and looked and said "Looks like a GIRL!" I was in complete disbelief because I just knew you were a boy ;) (Way to surprise mama like that!!) I started crying tears of complete joy and your daddy was just beaming with happiness! We are so excited to be having a sweet little girl!

      We get to see you again in another 11 days and we are so excited! We can't wait to see how much you've grown and to see your tiny little features again :)

      You are so blessed to have such amazing men in your life to protect you and baby you. (the way my daddy did me ;)) Your Pop will spoil you rotten and your daddy is so excited to have a girl :) I pray I can be the mama to you that my mama is to me! She has been my biggest supporter in life, my best friend, my confidante, and the best mama a girl could have!

      I have been so excited about raising a little girl that I finally talked daddy into letting me order your nursery bedding! It's beautiful. Your room will be purple, aqua, and gray.

      I don't know how I can wait another 5 months to hold you in my arms and kiss your tiny nose. Daddy has started reading books to you at night :) He says he looks so forward to story time with you as you grow up.

     Until we get to hold you in our arms, your big brother is in Heaven watching over you. I wish, so much, that you were able to meet him on this earth one day. I know he would be so proud of you!

We love you, sweet baby girl.
-Mama and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment