Sunday, April 7, 2013

36 Weeks and slacking!!





A lot has happened in the past 2 weeks! I had yet another pre-term labor scare at 34w5d. I ended up at labor and delivery with my cervix dilated to a 2, contractions were roughly 2 minutes apart for over a minute long. My blood pressure was pretty high while in the hospital, but they chalked it up to the pain from the contractions. We were admitted overnight and started on an antibiotic IV and liquid only orders just in case I delivered that night. They gave me 2 rounds of stadol and phenergan to try and relax my uterus and slow the contractions (which has stopped it the past two times) and that didn't touch these contractions. They gave me a dose of Terbutaline to try and stop the contractions and that didn't do anything but make me terribly ill for a good 30 minutes. At this point they decided to admit me and keep me over night. The problem is that I was at the stage in pregnancy where they won't go to drastic measures to stop you from delivering, but they also will not do anything to further your progression. So after exhausting all avenues I was stuck in between pre-term labor and getting to go home. I had a very fitful night of sleep where the contractions never slowed. At 3am those suckers picked up hard core and I just knew I was going into full blown labor. About 30 minutes later the nurse came to change out my IV and take my vitals and I told her how badly I was hurting. She checked me and there had been no progression with my cervix so they gave me another round of stadol to help me rest. Normally I wouldn't take pain meds like I did, but because I knew I was making no progression and they couldn't stop them I didn't know how long this was all going to last. Finally at about 7am my doctor made her rounds, checked me and declared no progress still, and offered to let me have a real breakfast. She said since I wasn't progressing any that after I ate breakfast and was monitored for another couple hours to make sure nothing changed I could go home if I was comfortable doing this at home. After I ate the contractions really started to slow down! When my nurse came in to check on me I told her how much better I was feeling and she went to call my doctor and see what our next step was. She came back in and asked if I was comfortable enough to go home and I said yes. About 10 minutes later she came back with my discharge papers and we were outta there!

The next day was my Rust baby shower. It was so much fun! My friends from Little Rock were able to drive in and it was so great getting to spend time with them :) Kendall was showered with love and thrown a beautiful party! My fabulous SIL and MIL threw a great shower. It couldn't have been better! Here are a few pictures to enjoy from that day :)
 Sweet moments captured by Drew Lacy Photography
My sweet friends from Little Rock
                                                             Brittany, Me, Jenn, LaToya
 Cake pops, pretzels, and a beautiful diaper cake!
All made by Kelli, Neola, Sabrina, and Destiny :)
 Pinwheels, bruschetta (was still in the oven), fruit dip and fruit baby bowl, and the BEST PART was that delicious cookie cake!!
Adorable fruit baby bowl made by Kelli!! SO cute!

That Monday I went in for my 35 week prenatal visit and my blood pressure was 150/90, I had a headache for 2 days, and my feet and hands were enormously swollen. I was told to lay down for a few minutes and if my pressure came down I could get labs drawn and go home to do the 24hr urine collection to test for preeclampsia. If it didn't come down any I would have to be admitted...again. Thankfully it did come down a little and I was sent in for labs and then sent home with my big ole jug. That afternoon the nurse called and said my labs came back normal (thank God!) so we were just going to monitor by BP and see how the 24hr urine test came out. I had to go back the next day to turn in my jug, check BP, and check on baby. At that appointment my BP was considerably lower and K was doing just fine with a heart rate of 154bpm. 
That afternoon they called back to tell me the urine test came back within normal range. So I am to continue bed rest :( monitor BP 3 times a day, and call with any readings over 140/90. 

On Wednesday at 35w3d I started getting UTI sypmtoms. Yes, again. That's 6 UTIs this pregnancy. Luckily my doctor was on call and gladly called in an antibiotic to get started on. That evening around 3am I started contracting again. 3 minutes apart, about 1.5 minutes each. I drank some water, took a warm bath....nothing changed. They weren't slowing down but they weren't increasing in intensity either. So I laid back down and dozed off between contractions. I called my doctors office at 8am and left a message. My doctor was out for the day, but another doctor's nurse called me back and I explained my preterm labor to her and she said to monitor it by intensity. If the contractions become increasingly intense to call asap. Around 12pm the intensity was getting pretty painful. So I called again....when she called me back an hour later they had started to slow (thank goodness!). 

That was my last bout of preterm labor. I am now 36 weeks pregnant and no longer at risk for preterm labor!! Woohoo!! We have made it!! If I go into labor now they will not try and stop it! Now K will probably wait until her due date to cause anymore problems....typical female. But, the good news is that if she isn't here by April 28th I will be induced early that week :) So less than 20 days until we meet our sweet girl!!


How far along? 36 Weeks 4 Days
Total weight gain: +26 lbs
Maternity clothes? skirts & maxi dresses
Stretch marks? On my belly :( 
Sleep: Sleep has been ok lately!
Best moment this week: Getting the nursery finished!!
Miss Anything? everything - I am officially at the "uncomfortable" stage, out of breath often & I am really missing being able to put on socks/pants without huffing & puffing
Movement: ALL the time. And she's finally dropped a little!!
Food cravings: Nothing. I've lost my appetite.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really.
Gender: Girl
 
Labor Signs: LOTS of contractions this week, dilated to a 2.
Symptoms: PREGNANT. Need I say more?
Belly Button in or out? Still in, but flattening out.
Wedding rings on or off? Real set off, fake set on.
 
Happy or Moody most of the time: Just really tired...
Looking forward to: Meeting our precious girl soon!!

No comments:

Post a Comment